Golden milk latte
- 2 cups coconut milk (I usually do 1 can of full fat and fill a 1 ½ cans full of water, depending on how thick you like it)
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- pinch of ground black pepper
- a tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ginger powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup or to taste (optional)
- Pour into a small saucepan and heat water and all ingredients except for coconut milk and sweetener. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until, but not boiling.
- Turn heat off, add coconut milk, water, and sweetener
- Drink immediately and enjoy
See this link https://www.blushlane.com/blog-turmeric/ for the benefits of this drink.
~Natacha Perez, registered holistic nutritionist